For the 2017/18 winter season, SAF has allocated funds for scholarships as follows:
- $54,000 for athletic team scholarships (awarded to 55 athletes in Fall 2017)
- $29,000 for merit-based scholarships for athletes achieving higher level success
- $45,000 for coach certification scholarships for up to 100 coaches
Athletic Team Scholarships
These needs-based scholarships are available for any qualifying athlete participating in a Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows snow sports team, ski or snowboard. The program provides scholarship and financial aid to assist young athletes with team fees. Applications must be submitted prior to June 15th for financial assistance for the coming season. The application and details are available on Scholarships / Athletes Page.
In-season / Merit-based Scholarships
These scholarships are available for athletes achieving higher level success during the winter season to assist with elite competition, specialized training and extensive travel costs. Athletes going on to championships in their disciplines for the 2017/18 season will be contacted by SVAM snowsports team about available SAF scholarships. For more details, contact: the SVAM Teams Team Administrator Manager, Paige Mezger, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or SAF’s Scholarship Director, Brad Alveraz, at email@example.com.
These scholarships are available for any qualifying coach employed by a Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows team. The program provides scholarship and financial aid to assist coaches in pursuing continuing education that directly impacts and improves the quality of coaching delivered to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows team athletes. Applications must be submitted for:
- Application under SAF/SVAM coach certification program must be submitted within the same season certification is completed (clinics, written tests, first aid/ CPR and membership dues) with a copy of your PSIA or USSA cards and expense receipts.
- Application under coach continuing education (not including PSIA or USSA Certifications) must be submitted prior to May 31st for financial assistance for the coming season.
The application and details are available on Scholarships / Coaches Page.